Wedding Document Checklist
Documents for Marriage Required by the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
You can download a checklist of the documents required by clicking here.
The Engaged Couple is to read this page and then present it to the priest/deacon who will conduct their pre-marriage preparation. This clarifies documentation required by the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee.
- Affidavits providing the basic information and sacramental information of the couple along with their statements that they understand marriage to be a permanent commitment, fidelity to the future spouse and giving the future spouse the right to have children. In the Province of Miami this is known as the “A” Form.
- Affidavits from individuals who have known each of the parties to the proposed marriage since their 16th birthday and are able to attest that they have never been previously married in the Catholic Church or civilly, if required by the (Arch) Diocese where the pre-marriage preparation is taking place. In the Province of Miami this is known as the“B” Form.
- Baptismal Certificates for each Catholic party issued within six (6) months of the date of marriage. No photocopies or original certificates (issued at the time of the Baptism) will be accepted in the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee.
- If either party has received a Declaration of Nullity, that document is to be included,whether from a Formal Case or Lack of Form.
- If one party is not Catholic the proper dispensation or permission is to be obtained by the priest/deacon preparing the couple for marriage from his Matrimonial Tribunal.
- If the (Arch) Diocese requires an Engaged Encounter or any type of formal program for Engaged Couples that certificate is to be included in the documentation.
- Only a Marriage License issued by any county in the State of Florida is valid for use. A Marriage License issued by another State other than Florida is not valid. A couple presenting a Marriage License other than the accepted Florida license at the rehearsal will not have their marriage go forward.