The Veronica Guild provides opportunities to serve Jesus in our neighbors. St. Veronica took the time to comfort Jesus as He carried the Cross by wiping the sweat and blood from his face with her veil. Just as Veronica cared for Jesus as He walked the road to Calvary, we hope to bring joy to the Heart of Christ by caring for our neighbors as He would. The Basilica supports six active teams providing outreach in the following ways:
- Bereavement Ministry: Reaching out to and providing support for those who are grieving.
- Honoring Life: Promoting a reverence and respect for the dignity of human life in all its forms as being created in the Image and Likeness of God.
- Military Outreach: The Basilica welcomes and prays for service men and women from all branches of military service. We hope to help facilitate active duty as well as non-active and retired service men and women discover a spiritual home at St. Michael’s.
- Outreach to the Poor: Working to express the love of Jesus to the impoverished people in our local community.
- Parishioners at Home Outreach: “Adopting” parishioners who are homebound or isolated from family and friends.
- Prison Ministry: Writing to and visiting with inmates in various facilities. This team also participates with other churches in providing retreats for inmates.